Simpson & Marwick are committed to free and open access to
our legal services. As such, we have taken great care to ensure our
website conforms to the latest technical and legal accessibility
standards. Our website content adheres to the RNIB's See It Right
Standard which is based on Web Content Accessibility, Guidelines
Adjustable text size
The size of body text on our site can be set and adjusted by
you, the user to aid in legibility using your web browser
- Internet Explorer - select the 'View' menu,
then 'Text Size', then choose from the adjustable settings
- FireFox - select the 'View' menu, then 'Text
Size', then either 'Increase' or 'Decrease' from the adjustable
- Safari - select the 'View' menu, then either
'Make Text Bigger' or 'Make Text Smaller' from the adjustable
- In other browsers - settings vary (please see
browser manufacturers documentation for precise details) but
normally holding down the CTRL button and scrolling the mouse-wheel
up and down will adjust text size accordingly.
Navigating around the site will normally be achieved with a
mouse. However, the following keyboard commands are active across
the site, in all elements as an assistive aid and shortcut.
- TAB = cycle forwards through links.
- SHIFT + TAB = cycle backwards though
- ENTER = select a highlighted link.
In some cases, the order of tabbable items has been specifically
setup to run in a certain order. This is to allow, for example, for
easy use of online forms and so unexpected jumps around pages form
fields and links in the site are kept to a minimum.
You can also jump to specific areas of content or links in the
site by using access keys. These shortcuts
can be used in most browsers by typing ALT + the access key
(on Windows) or Control + the access key (on
- Access key 1 = link to the website
- Access key 2 = skip to main page content
- Access key 3 = skip to main navigation
- Access key 4 = jump to search field to enter
text for a sitewide search
- Access key 5 = toggle increase text and
contrast control on / off
- Access key 6 = jump to accessibility
- Access key 7 = jump to help / sitemap
This website has been designed and coded with screen reader
technology in mind. These readers allow an audio narration of the
site as an alternative to visual input.
Every image throughout the site has been tagged with an ALT
attribute. ALT allows alternative description to be given for each
image. This allows both screen readers and browsers which don't
display images to represent a substitute description.